Carrots are one of the best things that you can have to enjoy better eyesight. And the reason is simple, carrots are rich in beta carotene, from which vitamin A is synthesized. And since vitamin A helps to guard the cornea of the eye, it is needed for better vision.
But does that mean you will have to pile your refrigerator with carrots and munch on them all day long? Actually no!! You can juice and enjoy them as well… In fact, a brilliant twist to the conventional carrot juice can give it a complete makeover and make it a delicious Nicaraguan drink…
And this is the recipe that tells you how to make it:
- Clean 1 kg of carrots and scrub them with vegetable brush
- Using a blender or a food processor, finely mash the carrots ( you can add some water if the carrots are not very juicy)
- Pour the mixture in a large jug and add about 2 cups (500 ml) of hot water to it. Stir well
- Let the mixture stand for 15-30 minutes
- Now strain the juice using a hand strainer
So what is so special about the recipe?
What about the “twist” in the recipe that you have been reading about?
- Simply juice two oranges and add the tangy juice to your carrot juice and add some ice cubes to your drink. Find out how different it tastes now…
- Here’s another variation you can try… carrot juice with some lemon and strawberry and top it with a sprig of mint !
But there are some considerations that you should take into account before preparing the juice:
- Since carrot is high in sugar content, you should consider the amount of its consumption particularly if you are trying to lose weight or if you have diabetes
- And just as too much of nothing is healthy, same goes for carrot juice if not taken in moderation. Even small amounts of raw carrot juice may result in diarrhea, bloody stools, vomiting and dehydration
But these apart, carrot juice can be one of your best health buddies…